Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Husband intending to back to Christianity

Husband intending to back to Christianity

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I need advise regarding my husband who has converted into Islam for 5 years and now he says he wants to go back to Christianity because Islam is too difficult for him. We have a wonderful relationship for the 7 years we are together and I don’t want to lose it. What can I do or any advice?


A: I feel the best thing is to get out of the marriage. Such people can be dangerous. By losing him you are gaining Allah Ta`ala, and gaining Allah Ta`ala is the most sensible thing.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: