Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Marrying an adulterer

Marrying an adulterer

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za


1. Can we marry a adulterer or one who has committed fornication?

2. What if a person comes to you and tells you about his sin (fornication)? What should we reply?



1. Yes. If one marries such a person, the nikaah will be valid.

2. If you are able to advise him and guide him, then you should do so, otherwise you should direct him to an Aalim who will be able to guide him.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: