1. After making wudhu, dirt on the cheek remains even after washing the cheek, is the wudhu valid or must the that part of the face be washed again?
2. After making wudhu, sunblock on the face remains even after washing that part of the face, is the wudhu valid?
3. After making wudhu, the dirt (like sand which you normally find when awakening from sleep) remains in the corner of the eye even after washing that part of the face in wudhu, is the wudhu valid?
1. If it prevented the water reaching the skin of the face, then the wudhu will not be valid. If it did not prevent the water reaching the skin, then the wudhu will be valid.
2. As above.
3. If it remained in the side of the eye and all parts of the face were washed, the wudhu is valid.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.