Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » Rights during iddat? Compensation? Children’s share of property?

Rights during iddat? Compensation? Children’s share of property?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
ASAK on the death of my husband on the fourth day i was forced to leave my in laws house along with my two minor children.my question is -what are my rights during iddat?can i ask for some compensation from my in laws? i have been living on my own since my husband expired five months back.what share from my in-laws property will my children get? my father-in-law is alive.


(Fatwa: 305/268/H=1431)

They forced you to leave the house, it was not good. As far as the matter of inheritance is concerned, you shall get one eighth part from your late husband’s property, and since your father in law is still alive so no one has any share in his property and he is owner of all his property during his lifetime. However, if your mother-in-law died and your late husband was alive at the time of her death then you have the right to get some shares from the property of your late mother-in-law. But in order to know the detail of shares in the property of your mother in law, you should get the question written by any Aalim along with the details of heirs at the time of her death, and submit it again.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: