Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » How can I fix my anniversary for example?

How can I fix my anniversary for example?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
I want to know that when our loved one passed away we will commonly do anniversary on the fixed date in the form of QURAN KHAWANI whether it’s the right practices according to Islam. What Islam told us about this?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 196/164/B=01/1435)

It is unlawful to celebrate teja, daswan, chaliswan and barsi on someone’s death by fixing date. These customs crept in Muslims from Hindu community; we should get rid of them. However, you may prepare food for the poor without fixing date. You should also not arrange collective Quran khawani.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: