On which hand should I wear my watch?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulfiqh.com

Question:

On which hand should I wear my watch?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

In principle, it is permissible to wear a watch on any hand.  It is down to personal preference. 
However, the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam preferred to do virtuous acts and noble actions from the right hand side.  Keeping track of the time is also a means of virtue.  One who is conscious of time will be regular in his salāh and other responsibilities.  Therefore, it would be better to wear a watch on one’s right hand side. 
However, if a person wears a watch on his left hand side, it is totally permissible without any dislike.[1]

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Mufti Faraz Adam,
www.darulfiqh.com

[1]  فتاوى محمودية ج 19 ص 361 إدارة الفاروق

This answer was collected from DarulFiqh.com, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Faraz ibn Adam al-Mahmudi, the student of world renowned Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Hafizahullah).

Find more answers indexed from: Darulfiqh.com