I recently learnt that i have been praying fard wrongly. after the first two rakah I did not know that you do not read a surah after surah fatiha. does this invalidate all my fard salaat.

i was very upset to learn that i have been praying fard incorrectly. i have been praying regularly for several years now and kazah salaat also after each prayer. please advice me if i should read kazah for all my fard salaats.thank you

Answer

There is no Surah to be recited after Surah Faatiha in the third and fourth Rakaats of Fardh Salaat.

However, if one is recited a Surah, that does not invalidate the Salaat. Therefore, your previous Fardh Salaats are valid.

FATWA DEPT.