Latest

Growing Bonsai Plants

Question:Are we permitted to grow and keep Bonsai Plants like trimming and looking after them from seedlings etc? Answer: It is permissible to grow and keep Bonsai plants. However, it will be preferable and more meritorious to plant such trees which bear fruit...

Ruling On A Person Who Had A Sex Change

Question:A ‘man’ had a sex change and is now a woman.The person’s muslim family support him fully for the choices he made.He has large breasts, and, he also has had successful vaginoplasty surgery where his male private parts have been turned into what looks like a...

Exchanging Gifts On Aashura

Question:Is it permissible to give gifts to friends and family for ashura and make it a custom? Answer: The Arabic words عياله  and أهله (dependants) are used in the Hadith which encourages spending on one’s dependants/family on the day of Aashura (10th...

Women Shortening The Hair

Question:Is it permissible for women to shorten their hair? Answer: Firstly, it should be understood that the beauty of a woman lies in the long hair which Allah Ta’ala has naturally created her with. For her to shorten the hair on the head will fall in the ambit of...

Performing The Sunnah Salaah Before The Azaan

Question:If a person wants to perform the sunnat namaaz at home can he perform it before the azaan of the local masjid and does he have to give azaan before performing the sunnat namaaz.  Answer: If the current Salaah time has set in already, it will be...

White Wedding Dresses

Question:Can a Muslim girl wear a white wedding dress? Answer: Donning a white wedding dress (that has become a norm and trademark of the kuffaar) is western culture that is alien to Islam. We have been taught to oppose the ways of the Jews and Christians and...

Authenticity Of A Narration

Question: Is the narration “سؤر المؤمن شفاء” a Hadeeth? Answer: 1.)   Regarding the Authenticity of the following Narration;سؤر المؤمن شفاءThe saliva/ leftover of a believer is shifa (cure) These words cannot be traced as an explicit Hadith and should...

Semen Messing The Bed Sheets

Question:If during sexual intercourse sperm inadvertently messes on the bed sheets. Will that area of the bed sheet become napaak and we should wash the area thrice or is washing the area one time okay? Answer: Should the semen or its moisture collectively affect an...

Consumption of Doubtful Food

Question:It has come to my attention that I consumed something not halal verified. Initially, before consuming this item, I had some doubts. However at the time of consuming, I believe my doubts were mostly cleared. A few days after that I was informed that it, in...

Isaal-e-Thawaab

Question:What is the ruling of isaale thawab? What is the right method of doing isaale thawab and what are the benefits? Answer: Generally, when the term “Isaal-e-Thawaab’ is discussed it refers to passing over rewards to the deceased. We will therefore discuss the...

Marrying A Shia

Question:What is the ruling on a Sunni man marrying a Shia lady and with regards to shiasm what are the different groups eg which groups are regarded as kaafir and which are not? Please provide the names of the group also  Answer: Mufti Abdur Rahim Laajpuri...

Istibra

Question:What is the best and easiest way of istibra to make sure that one is completely relieved of all urine drops?Please advise on the best methods of istibra.  Answer: There are different methods that could be adopted in assisting a person in relieving...

Dolls

Question:Is it permissible to make a doll that has no features and head but has arms and legs and ears?  Answer: Making such a doll will be permitted, since the doll doesn’t have a head. Checked and Approved By:Mufti Muhammed Saeed Motara Saheb D.B. Original...

Limits Of Obedience To Non-Muslim Parents

Question:If a Christian father asks his Muslim son to drop him off and pick him up from the Church, must the obey or disobey? Answer: “If they put pressure on you to associate with me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. Yet, keep their company in...

Staying At The Bride’s House On The Night Of Nikaah

Question:When a girl gets married then on the wedding night is it a Sunnah practice for the couples to stay at the girls house. Answer: It is not a Sunnat practice for the couple to stay at the girl’s house on the wedding night. Checked and Approved By:Mufti Muhammed...

Visiting Beaches And Public Swimming Pools

Question:I am a graduate from Darul Uloom and current serving as a Imam and teacher.My question is: Is it appropriate for me to visit the beaches of these kind of swimming places, where I know what is happening there?  Answer: It is not appropriate for you as an...

Consumption Of Eggs With Blood Spots

Question:Is the blood spot sometimes found in eggs permissable to consume? Answer: A blood spot in an egg is caused by a small rupture in a blood vessel of the hen as she was laying the egg. If the blood spot is on an isolated part/corner of the egg, making it...

Walimah

Question:Please explain “walīmah” and the practice of delaying it until the couple have spent the night together.Would it be recommended to have the nikāh, then the couple has khalwat sahīhah, and then immediately have the walīmah – because in this case, there is no...

Walimah On The Same Day As Nikaah

Question:Today it has become a custom for people to have Walimah on the same day as Nikaah. The couple have a Khalwah Saheehah and then the invitation is carried out.Will doing the above action still be regarded as Walimah?Or does this go against the objective of...