Latest

Hanafi Fiqh

Sunnas & Makhrūhaats of Fasting

Sunnas of Fasting Suhūr To delay the suhūr to just before ṣubḥ as-sadiq To be quick in breaking the fast (but one must be absolutely certain that the sun has set) To make the intention for fasting the next day before going to sleep Makhrūhaat of Fasting To taste...

Hanafi Fiqh

Details about I’tikaaf

Details about I’tikaaf I’tikaaf in the last ten days of Ramadān is an emphasized communal Sunnah (Sunna al-kifaayah). The men are to do it in the Masjid and the women in an area designated in their home for Salaat.(Al Durrul Mukhtar vol 2 pg 440-441) Whilst making...

Hanafi Fiqh

Is Mortgage Broker License the right profession to choose?

Is Mortgage Broker License the right profession to choose? Answer: As Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم cursed the one who takes interest, gives interest, records it, and the one who witnesses it, and he said they are all the...

Hanafi Fiqh

Is it Sunnah to leave a green leaf of a date-palm on a grave?

Is it Sunnah to leave a green leaf of a date-palm on a grave? Answer: السّلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته We received your query wherein you asked if it is a Sunnat to leave a date palm leaf on the grave. Our response is a follows: It is narrated in the Hadith of...

Hanafi Fiqh

Various modes of vehicle purchases

Assalamulaikum wr wb, There are many car dealerships some even owned by Muslims who offer 0% financing to Muslim customers. There is a 3rd party financing bank or institution involved in this transaction, as for the contract the dealership adds the interest amount...

Hanafi Fiqh

Starting a book on Wednesday

Assalamualaykum I wanted to know what is the reason of starting a book on Wednesday…. like any kitaab why do teachers usually start on a Wednesday if they are starting a new book? jzk Answer: As Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh There is mention in some...

Hanafi Fiqh

Teeth Adjustment

I had my teeth straightened with braces as they were slightly crowded. The crookedness wasn’t too visible and I didn’t feel any discomfort from it. My orthodontist told me that the adjustment was more for cosmetic purpose and I didn’t really need it since my teeth...

Hanafi Fiqh

Keeping Back Straight and doing Sajdah Properly

Is it waajib to keep the back straight during ruku and is it wajib to keep the the legs straight and keep a space between the legs and stomach in sajdah? If one misses this, is sajdah-sahw necessary for the salaah to be completed? Answers: Dear brother,...