Is Wudu Valid if I Wash a Body Part Less Than Three Times?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org
Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Weltch

Question 

Is wudu valid if I wash a body part less than three times? What are the disliked actions of wudu?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate

Washing each limb three times is an emphasized Sunna. The obligation is to wash the entire limb one time. [Tahtawi/Shurunbulali, Hashiyat Maraqi al-Falah]

The Disliked Actions of Wudu

The following actions are disliked for the performer of wudu:

1) Wasting of water

2) Being stingy with water

3) Striking the face with water

4) Speaking worldly speech 

5) Taking assistance from others without excuse

Note that this list is not comprehensive.

[Ibid.]

Hope this helps

Allah knows best

[Shaykh] Yusuf Weltch

Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Shaykh Yusuf Weltch is a teacher of Arabic, Islamic law, and spirituality. After accepting Islam in 2008, he then completed four years at the Darul Uloom seminary in New York, where he studied Arabic and the traditional sciences. He then traveled to Tarim, Yemen, where he stayed for three years studying in Dar Al-Mustafa under some of the greatest scholars of our time, including Habib Umar Bin Hafiz, Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf, and Shaykh Umar al-Khatib. In Tarim, Shaykh Yusuf completed the memorization of the Qur’an and studied beliefs, legal methodology, hadith methodology, Qur’anic exegesis, Islamic history, and several texts on spirituality. He joined the SeekersGuidance faculty in the summer of 2019.

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org