Compensating for shortcomings owed to the deceased

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Please advise ways to compensate for the short comings regarding Huquqal Ibaad in case of those who have passed away and their forgiveness cannot be sought.


A: If it is a monetary haq then that amount of money must be given to their heirs, and if it is not a monetary haq and you cannot ask for their forgiveness then beg Allah Ta`ala for your own forgiveness and for the hidaayat and goodness of their families.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: