Advising one’s mother

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My mother doesn’t obey the rules of purda properly. She uses hijaab but after reaching school where she works she takes off the hijaab and wears a scarf. In this situation what should I do to get it right and what does Islam say?


A: Gently correct her.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest