Wearing niqaab in a western country

Q: I have questions regarding the niqab. I know that it is worn widely in the Middle East. What about in the West, I live in North Carolina and I’ve been wanting to wear it but have been confused because some say you can’t and some say it’s not appropriate for the West. I just want some clarity on this especially if you are still in school, as in High School would this be appropriate?

A: What is so different about the west that the niqaab should not be worn there. There is no place on earth that is above the law of Allah Ta`ala. The earth belongs to Him and there is just one law i.e. His law that must prevail.