1. A boy whos name is Mahin was advised to change his name because it doesn’t have a good meaning, is it permissible to keep the name Mahin or is it compulsory to change the name?
2. What is the meaning of the name Mahin?
3. If it is permissible to keep the name Mahin how would you write it in Arabic?
4. Do you know of any similar names to Mahin which are permissible to keep and have a good meaning?
5. Is it permissible to keep the name Mahee or Mahi, what does it mean and how would you write it in Arabic?
1 – 4. Since the word has a dual meaning and one meaning being despicable, it will be better not to keep such a name. The other meaning is “worker”. ماهن
5. It is permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)