Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Trying to locate the person one owes money

Trying to locate the person one owes money

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I took my son to a general practitioner about 5 years ago. At the time, I forgot my medical aid card, but the doctor was kind enough to consult my son as I assured him to provide my details the next day. The next day, I contacted the receptionist and provided her my medical aid details. A year after that, I noticed that the fee did not go through my medical aid and contacted the receptionist to inform them. It is now a few years later, and the doctor has moved, and I am unable to get hold of him. He is not listed on any websites as well. How do I discharge this fee?


A: Try your best to locate the doctor.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics:

Random Q&A