Shafiifiqh.com

The aim of Shafiifiqh.com, a part of the Shafi’i Institute, is to revive and support the the Sunni Islamic jurisprudence of the guild (madhhab) of Imam Muhammad ibn Idris Ash-Shafi’i (May Allah have mercy upon him and be please with him). Many ‘ulama are involved with the site, including:

Shaykh Mawlana Taha Karaan (hafithullah)
Shaykh Abdul-Fattah ibn Abdullah
Shaykh AbdurRagman Khan

Zakat on Camels

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com

Question: As-salamu ‘alaykum, My in-laws have a history of herding livestock in Arabia, camels included. Could you please outline the Shafi’i schools position on the zakat of camels? Also, with charts/tables if that isn’t too much to ask. Jazakum Allahu khayran. Answer: Zakat on animals is restricted to livestock, meaning camels, cattle, sheep, and goats…. read more »

Wudu and the Qur’an on an E-Reader

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com

Women Covering the Face and Hands

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com

Wiping the Face After Making Du’aa

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com

Wiping on a Torn Khuff

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com

Question:As salamu alaykum, I know that mash is permissible on leather-socks. But what if there is a hole in it or tiny rips, can one still perform mash? One of my leather-socks, for example, has a tiny hole as wide as two stitching holes. The Sahabah (Rady Allahu anhum) wore ripped clothing too, I think…. read more »

What one says while sitting between prostrations

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com

When Should the Follower Make Salam?

Answered by Shafiifiqh.com