Home » Hanbali Fiqh » TheHanbaliMadhhab.com » Establishing suckling ties while eating solid food. – (Hanbali Fiqh)

Establishing suckling ties while eating solid food. – (Hanbali Fiqh)

Assalaam ‘ alaykum,
We want to establish a relational tie through suckling between my son and the daughter of my brother-in-law. My son is younger then 2 years. However, he already eats normal/solid food, and is not fully dependant on milk anymore. Is it still possible to establish a suckling-tie with 5 feedings, or is it not possible anymore?
I hope you can provide an answer to this specific issue. Baarakallaahu fiek!

Answered by Imam Zahed Fettah

Wa’alaikumussalam.

Alhamdulillah,

Yes doing so is permissible, so long as he suckles at least 5 times and is younger than 2 years of age (according to the Hijri calendar). This is well established in the books of the madhhab.

See, for example, al-Rawdh al-Murbi’ (2/633)

And success is from Allah

This answer was collected from The Hanbali Madhhab website. The answers to the questions are given by Imam Zahed Fattah in accordance to the Hanbali School of Jurisprudence.