Qiyamu-l Layl is the night prayer in general. Tarawih and Tahajjud both come under the category of Qiyamu-l Layl. Tarawih is the well known prayer. As for Tahajjud, then it is the night prayer that comes after sleeping. Any other general nafl prayers between Isha and Fajr come under the general category of Qiyamu-l Layl.
Qiyamu-l Layl vs. Tarawih vs. Tahajjud – (Hanbali Fiqh)
This answer was collected from The Hanbali Madhhab website. The answers to the questions are given by Imam Zahed Fattah in accordance to the Hanbali School of Jurisprudence.
Find more answers indexed from: TheHanbaliMadhhab.com
- Is Riba (interest) as serious as adultery?
- Difference between men and women’s salaah
- Are My Problems Due to Evil Eye?
- Once impurity dries then it is not considered to transfer to other places unless its smell or colour etc is noticed
- Rights and obligations
- Niyat to Fast during Ramadhan
- The status of the narrator; ‘Abdullah ibn Yasar Al Juhani