❝Allāh’s messenger ﷺ would lengthen the Fajr prayer compared to the other prayers due to a number of reasons:
– The recitation at Fajr is witnessed (by Allāh and the angels according to some, and by the angels of the day and night according to others).
– Its length makes up for the decrease in the number of Rak’āt.
– People are fresh as they have had time to sleep.
– The people are not yet occupied in their livelihoods and the Dunyā.
– The heart and mind are both present as they are not occupied with the Dunyā, so a person can reflect over the recitation.
– It is the first action of the day and a foundation of the remaining actions of the day.❞
— Imām Shams al-Dīn, Ibn al-Qayyim (r)