The Prophet: Haazir wa Naazir, & The Basics
Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
I have a question related to Aqidah. Is the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalam) Haadhir wa Naadhir. I know that this issue is one of controversy, with the Barelwis insisting he is and the Deobandi’s (for example) insisting that this is shirk. [………..] Kindly give me the fatawa of the great classical ulema on this issue, I am finding this all rather confusing.
This is not something we are accountable to believe in or act upon. If it was, the fuqaha and scholars of aqida would have explained it clearly. As such, it is a non-issue.
As one of my teachers explained, it is enough for us to worry about those issues that Allah has made us accountable for:
0. Learn the essentials of Islamic belief (aqida), and seek to live it through remembrance of Allah;
1. Learn everything personally obligatory;
2. Perform out obligatory and sunna worship;
3. Learn the halal and haram related to everything we are involved in and life by it;
4. Fulfill the rights of others: spouse, children, parents, relatives, neighbors, friends, and anyone we have dealings with;
5. Read the Qur’an with reflection and act on its teachings;
6. Learn about the life and sunna of our beloved Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and work on implementing it in our lives;
7. Do dhikr;
8. See a spiritual path to Allah…
If we do these things, which are what Allah wants from us, and which are generally not disagreed upon, we will become of those whom Allah loves…
That is all that matters. And Allah alone gives success.