Durood shareef after kalimah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftisays.com
As Salaamu ‘Alaykum
If I were to recite the full kalimah, (ie with “muhammadur rasoolullah”), would I have to say “sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam” after it, due to the name of Nabi (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) being mentioned?

Answer
Bismihi Ta’ala

Without a doubt, this is an ideal opportunity for one to invoke durood upon Rasoolullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam. It is a mark of respect. Although Sallallahu alaihi wasallam is not part of Kalimah, a Muslim reciting it should not let this opportunity of durood shareef pass him by, as it doesn’t cost him anything, neither does it take much out of him physically.

And Allah knows best.

————————————–
Mufti Yaseen Shaikh

This answer was collected from MuftiSays.com, based in London (UK). It is one of the fruits of Darul Uloom London. Many ‘ulama are involved in answering the Q&A on the site, including: Shaikul Hadeeth Mufti Umar Farooq Sahib, Mufti Saifur Rahman Sahib, Mufti Abdullah Patel Sahib, Maulana Qamruz Zaman Sahib, Mufti Abu Bakr Karolia Sahib.

Find more answers indexed from: Muftisays.com