Could you please tell me if husband got married to another woman, first wife will qualified to divorce. Wat are the womens rights for divorce.IF the man doesnt want to divorce

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftisays.com
Assalamu Alaikum,
Dear respected Scholars,
Could you please tell me if husband got married to another woman, first wife will qualified to divorce.
Wat are the womens rights for divorce.IF the man doesnt want to divorce
Jazakallah.
Answer
A husband getting married to a second wife is not grounds for divorce for the first wife.

In the event a woman has a valid reason for seeking divorce she may offer the husband ‘khula’; a monetary settlement which usually involves the wife returning the amount given to her as mahr or any amount demanded by the husband. If the husband refuses to accept the settlement the woman may go to a shariah council who after investigating the matter will try to resolve the matter amicably and at times as a last resort grant the woman, with a valid case, a forced divorce if the husband is adamant.

————————————–
Mufti Saifur Rahman Sahib
London, UK

This answer was collected from MuftiSays.com, based in London (UK). It is one of the fruits of Darul Uloom London. Many ‘ulama are involved in answering the Q&A on the site, including: Shaikul Hadeeth Mufti Umar Farooq Sahib, Mufti Saifur Rahman Sahib, Mufti Abdullah Patel Sahib, Maulana Qamruz Zaman Sahib, Mufti Abu Bakr Karolia Sahib.

Find more answers indexed from: Muftisays.com