Short sleeves wen praying nammaz

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftisays.com
is it aloud if I pray my nammaz with short sleeves?

Jazahkhallah

Answer
Assalamu’alaikum w.w.

The principle here is whether a t-shirt (short sleeves) contradicts the injunction of wearing respectable clothing in Salaat. The Fuqahaa mention it is makrooh-e-Tahrimi to perform Salaat in clothing which a person will not normally wear in a dignified gathering for example, one would not normally wear pyjamas in front of people hence Makruhi-e-Tahrimi to wear these clothes in Salaah.

With regards to short sleeves, those who wear them in and out of salaat will be considered Makrooh-e-Tanzihi, ( better to avoid).

Allah (SWT) Knows Best.
(Mufti) Abdullah Patel

————————————–
(Mufti) Abdullah Patel
Halal Food Guide

This answer was collected from MuftiSays.com, based in London (UK). It is one of the fruits of Darul Uloom London. Many ‘ulama are involved in answering the Q&A on the site, including: Shaikul Hadeeth Mufti Umar Farooq Sahib, Mufti Saifur Rahman Sahib, Mufti Abdullah Patel Sahib, Maulana Qamruz Zaman Sahib, Mufti Abu Bakr Karolia Sahib.

Find more answers indexed from: Muftisays.com