Assisting one’s parents financially
Q: My parents are in severe financial debt. Can I sell my mahar Kruger coin to help them. Do I need to seek my husbands permission to sell it.
A: You can help them with your mahr. You do not need your husbands permission to assist them. It is your obligation to assist your parents. In order to fulfil an obligation one does not need to take permission.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalamualaikum,I would like to ask that -I am a housewife.We(me & my husband) have a good finacial status.But my parents belong to a lower-middle class family.I want to help my parents on their need.but my husband does not allow me to do so and often tells me that they have no share on his money(according to Islam).However,he financially supports his parents and siblings(married and well-settled) even when not required.Does shariyat allows this?
- Assalaam-ale-kum, Jazaakaallah for this online services. May Allah reward you all for this help in duniya as well as in akhirat. I was 30 when I got married 3 years back without the consent of my parents through matrimonial site, due to their rejection of my marriage at that time. I was wandering away from my home and city for 7 years for jobs as my parents wanted me to settle with high income job.During these years I kept minimum amount for food and stayed in masjid’s accomodation to send maximum money to my parents. I became home sick and family sick during these years but tried to sustain my life anyhow. But after a certain extend it was impossible for me to live isolated so I married. As according to Hdeeth-(As for the person who has a very urgent need, nikah will be fard upon him. This is because there is a fear that he will commit adultery and thereby get the sin of committing a haram act) Even after my marriage I was fulfilling my duty as a son -Financially, morally and in every aspect. I kept my personal married life a low affair- financially as well as other matter, no extravagant expenses.Still my parents are not happy with me and asking me to get married according to their wishes or cut off from the family. Please advise me what I should do? Please answer what I did is right or wrong according to Shariah?
- (1) Is it right for parents to pressurize their child to marry someone despite his strong resistance? (2) Is their demand for divorcing second wife is correct while I do not want to divorce her? Please note that I can afford financially to keep both wives. (3) My father consulted some Mufti Sahab and he told my father not to pressurize me for divorce. But my father still says that he is unhappy with me on this issue and will continue to be unhappy. Actually he is under pressure of family/biradri. How to respond his unhappiness in this case? (4) If I obey my father and divorce my second wife, what is her fault as she is married with the consent of her parents? (5) I am financially supporting my family. Since my second marriage, my parents are not accepting monthly expense from me and not drawing money from the account as a protest. But I am depositing amount monthly as per previous practice. I know that they are facing financial problems by not using that money. How to resolve this issue?
- Pay off Debts or Financially Help Parents in Need?
- Is it the duty of the parents to financially support their child if he wants to study his deen? And what are rights of the child that parents have to fulfil?
- Dear Mufti sahib, i have a question that my parents decided to marry me with a girl which was among our relatives. due to some reason our engagement delayed but we started talking on phone and now we are in love with each other. i am 26 and she is 29. now the situation is this that her parents refuse to marry her with me due to the love realtion we build up. as it was decided between our parents and now we cant live without each other. my parents are also forcing me to leave her but i cannot do this as we have accepted each other as husband and wife and we have a very strong bond between both of us. now the question is can i marry her without the approval of my parents because both side parents are not agreed now due to EGO problem. i also dont want to hurt my parents but its a matter of my life now and i have to make a decision. so please advice me what should i do..?? both of us are financially strong,she is a doctor and im a software engineer.