Q: My question is about girlfriend boyfriend relationship. I have a girlfriend and I do love her and she loves me too. My questions are as follows:-
1. Is it permissible in Islam to love a girl? (If we truly love her, without having any need or desire and want to truly marry her Insha Allah)
2. Is it right that according to a Hadith of Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) it is better if we marry someone whom we love rather than marrying the one whom we don’t know (i.e. arranged marriage)?
3. Can I keep a halaal relationship, if we have not done or not desire to do any dirty or haraam things with her?
4. Is keeping a relationship considered as halaal, or allowed if I want to truly marry her Insha Allah.
5. If she is my girlfriend and in future Insha allah I will marry her, then would she be a halaal wife?
6. Can I meet her in public places (one hafiz told me this)?
7. Can I touch her a bit also (holding hands)
8. Apart from touching hand what else is permissible if I truly want to marry her (means hugging or just sitting side by side together)?
9. All in all what are your views about relationships if I want to truly marry her and I truly love her? What is halaal and haram and what is right and wrong? What is allowed and not allowed under these circumstances? I will be very very very very thankful to you if you answer all these questions in detail so that I can understand well.
A: End up this haraam relationship immediately and make taubah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.