1) How many minutes before and after the zawaal time is salaah not allowed?
2) If a person is performing salaah and zawaal time comes in, what happens?
3) If a person in the masjid is unknowingly performing salaah through zawaal time what should be done?
1. As a precaution it is better to refrain from performing Salaah five minutes before and five minutes after the zawaal time.
2. If one was performing a qadha fardh Salaah, the Salaah will break. However if one was performing a nafil Salaah, it will be makrooh-e-tahrimi though the Salaah will be valid.
3. If while performing nafil Salaah one realizes that it is the time of zawaal, one should immediately break one’s Salaah. Otherwise if it is possible for those present to bring it to his attention that it is the time of zawaal, then they should do so.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved: