Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I would like to know if I can receive money from my mother (who adopted me) in her will. This money is in accounts accumulating interest and some of these accounts are even in my name upto to this day. What should I do that is islamically allowed? Would I get a sin if some accounts are still in my name. She lives in another country away from me.



1. It is permissible for her to make a bequest for you till one third of the estate.

2. The interest amount should be given in charity without the intention of receiving any reward.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest