Grandparents brothers and sisters
Q: Are the brothers and sisters of one’s grandparents mahrams or not?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- My father purchased a house in my mother’s name 25 years ago where we are living in.We are 7 brothers(including me) & 2 sisters who are already married.Being an eldest brother I spent my own earnings on my brothers & sisters studies & even I contributed in the construction(extension) of the same house.My immediate younger brothers & me spent money on our 2 sisters’ marriages(hefty sum).My qustions are A).will my sisters get share in the house property? B).How will be the property distribution? My parents are alive alhamdulillah.
- My father had one house given on rent. We are three brothers and four sisters [all married now]. When our own house was to construct, I spent huge amount on it. When completed we three brothers have to give equal contribution. My younger brother [doctor by profession] said he had no money to pay, so my father [during 1998] said, my house which is on rent when sold two shares be given to my elder son in lieu of younger brother not paying. He agreed. Now after 14 years, we sold this father house say for Rs 30 lakh. I wish to distribute this amount as per Islamic Law to my mother, brothers and sisters but my queries are under: (1) If three shares are made of the sale proceed say Rs 30 lakh one share comes to Rs 10 lakh, so I should take Rs 10 lakh for nonpayment by Dr who had not paid amount for construction of our own house. (2) Remaining two shares i.e. Rs 20 lakh should be distributed among mother, 2 brothers and 4 sisters as per Islamic law. (3) Or first entire amount of Rs 30 lakh has to be share by mother, 3 brothers and 4 sisters as per Islamic Law and then whatever share of brother comes that one extra share of Dr I should take. Please guide.
- Assallam Alai Kum!!!!!!!! Our question is regarding division of property in islam according to shariah . There are 5 brothers and 5 sisters in a family, No lease or deed left by parents for division of property , Total of 44 cents out of which 12 cents were sold and money recieved was equally divided among brothers and sisters. Now we have another 22 cents where we believe there is no claim for sisters in the property as per shariah, now brothers want to divide the property among themselves , but sisters are not agreeing and are abusing the brothers for improper division. Sisters are not ready to accept shariah way , can you tell us how the property should be divided and how to settle this problem which we are comming accross?
- A man is living in a house left behind by his father. According to a mutual understanding between his brothers and sisters, a low rent has been fixed which is distributed 2:1 between all the brothers and sisters including this man residing in the house. The sisters are complaining that the brothers are benefiting more. They want the rent to be divided equally. Are they right?
- 1)Janab ‘X’ died a few months ago. He had a house in Delhi where he lived with his wife. He had no children a)The Widow told the brothers and sisters of Mr. ‘X’ that Mr. ‘X’ used to say that he would give this house to a particular brother; the reason given for this by Mr. ‘X’ to his wife was that that particular brother had been helping him with money for long. Some family members pointed flaws in this will/intention for hiba-bil-iwaz. Therefore, it was not accepted. b)Apart from the Widow, the other heirs of Mr ‘X’ were his 2 brothers and 3 sisters. 2) Two opinions have been given in regard to the house: a)The house belongs to the Widow and the 2 brothers and 3 sisters according to shares as per Mohammedan Personal Law, and, therefore, the property documents should be got transferred in the names of all the above persons. b)The house belongs 100% only to the Widow; the 2 brothers and 3 sisters have no share in it. Therefore, the property documents should be transferred only in the name of the Widow. If this is so, it is under what Law? What are the rights of the Widow on this house with regard to sell/gift/will? To whom the house will go on her death?
- Please tell me the division of belongings (jewellery and land) of a deceased person among her brothers and sisters. A widow woman dies, who has no son and no daughter and her parents are not alive. She only had three brothers and two sisters (all the 5 are from the same mother and father) and one step brother (who is from the same father but from different mother and has one son and one daughter) died before her death then how the belongings shall be divided among the brothers and sisters? I mean what will be the ratio. I studied the holy Quran (Surah al-Nisa verse no. 12) where the division is given for Kalalah. But I don’t understand it? If the brothers and sisters are more than one then third portion will be divided equally among all of them. Now, what about the other two portions? Also in Surah al-Nisa verse no. 176 this issue is discussed but the division is not clear or I am unable to understand this from different Tafseer. I will be grateful if you could guide me and tell me exact ratio of the share of each person.