Q: Can I read the following Kitaabs?
(1) “As-Suyuti’s Medicine of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).” Translated by Dr Cyril Elgood.
(2) “Medicine of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).” By Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya. Translated by Penelope Johnstone.
(3) “Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).” By Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim Al Jauziyyah. Published by Darussalam Publications.
In (1) and (2) the translators are non-Muslims, and in (3) ‘Darussalam Publications’ are known to be openly Salafi and have been accused of tampering with many kitaabs, even Riyad as-Salihin.
(4) In general, can we read Deeni kitaabs, like those above, translated by non-Muslims?
(5) Similarly, the same with deviant publishers like Darussalam Publications.
A: We are not aware of the translations. Hence, we do not know how authentic the translations are.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)