Q: Must a male observe hijaab from the following?
(1) Ghair Mahrams that are past child bearing age.
(2) Ghair Mahram relatives that are past child bearing age.
(3) Ghair Mahrams that have mental illnesses.
(4) Ghair Mahram relatives that are married.
(5) Female Mahrams whose satr is exposed, like his mother, grandmother or aunt.
(6) His biological grandfather divorced his biological grandmother. The biological grandfather marries another women. Must hijaab be observed for this woman, the new wife of his biological grandfather?
(7) Female domestic workers in the home.
1 – 2. Purdah is to observed. A woman who is old, perhaps 65, if her face is open then it is not emphasised that her face be covered in the presence of strangers even though it is better for her as well to cover her face.
3 – 4. A man should observe purdah.
5. Satr is that which must be concealed at all times.
7. Purdah should be observed from them. It is not right to be casual and free with them.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.