Q: Can Khula be done through giving an add in the newspaper by stating my details and my husband’s details and convey that I give khula and he can come and take back the mahar anytime?
A: The khula` can only be valid if the husband accepts it. For further details refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/6604
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- if a woman gets khula when she is pregnant with a child after commiting adultery is that khula is valid
- As-salamualikum, I want to know detail about `Khula Nama’ and some more things about Khula nama 1) Who sholud sign the khula nama first husband or wife. 2) If the husband and wife both have signed the khula nama but the witness dont does the Talique took place. 3) If the husband and wife both have signed in front of more than one person any body they may be, eg father, mother, sister and brother in law of parents side of wife and the decided witness was the brother in law and another witness was absent and both the witness dint sign the khula nama do Talique took place.
- Assalaam-o-alaikum, This question relates to my sister’s situation.My sister’s husband and her inlaws have been demanding money regularly (dowry) and their hunger for money has only increased. My sister’s husband now claims that my sister sms’d him (he was overseas)asking for a khula and he granted to her via sms. This is utterly baseless and untrue.They are using this ploy only to use the loopholes of khula to escape his responsibilities with regards to financial compensation if he was to give talaq.My sister has 3 year old kid from this marriage. Her husband has used “khula through sms” and since remarried. Does Islam allow Khula by sms ? what are the options we have , how do we teach him a lesson so that no one in future would play around with Islam like he has ? Thanks, Jazak Allah khair
- Asalamualikum, my wife had given me khula because the medical report states she is still virgin after 1-1/2 years and she thinks I am not fit for her and I am avoiding her, but I like her and I am fit and she given khula to me with my consent. Now, after khula, the girl’s parents are asking for my jewels which my family presented to her along with my relatives gifts (salami) and I had returned all her jewels to her before khula but now they are saying that the jewels that we given to her should be handed over to them since they feel they are the owner of them now. They decided to give me mahar, but in turn they are asking all my jewels and my relatves gifts (gold) to be presented to her now after khula. So my question is will I have to give my all jewels and gifts (gold) to her or not. Please help me in this matter soon as I am feeling very bad in financial and mind because of khula.
- My brother and his wife were married 12-13 years ago and now my sister-in-law is asking for Khula reasons stating (1) he is not praying, is against Islam, not allowing the child to learn Quran, etc. The first reason is true and now on our persuasion is praying, all other reasons stated by her are wrong. Has she got the right to ask for khula? Some of the intermediates who are talking are saying that a woman has the right to ask for khula without stating the reason as per Quran is it true? Since they have a child who is a daughter of 8 years old incase they divorce who has right to have the daughter the mother or the father. Please briefly tell us the rules of Khula as my brother is not interested in giving away his daughter. On an earlier occasion she has asked for Khula and we managed to convince her, but now she i.e. very adamant. If you can reply on this immediately we would be thankful to Allah.
- If a couple agrees to khula’, when does the divorce take place, at the time of accepting the khula’ or after the wife pays the amount?