Q: Can Khula be done through giving an add in the newspaper by stating my details and my husband’s details and convey that I give khula and he can come and take back the mahar anytime?


A: The khula` can only be valid if the husband accepts it. For further details refer to

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)