Non-Muslim’s will for her adopted daughter
Q: I want to know if I can accept some properties and money left to me by my mom (not yet a Muslim) in her will. I am her only adopted daughter. She has no other children.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Ahmad Mohtram Mufti sb, I would appreciate an answer to the below question. This question is about the definition of will(wasiat) in the shareia. My brother died last year leaving behind a wife, a Son and adopted Daugther.Few clarifications before the question: 1.He did not have child from his first wife and they both adopted a girl as adopted child. This adopted child is a daughter of my other brother and she was 1-1/2 year old when adopted. 2.He had a 2nd marriage couple of years ago and from this 2nd wife ,Allah blessed him with a boy baby. 3.Before the birth of the Son, his first wife died. 4.He himself left for the next world when the Son was just two month old. 5.Our parents are alive and living with us 6.Adopted daughter is 11 years of age now It is clear from the Islamic law of inheritance that following are the heirs: 1.Wife 2.Son 3.His father 4.His Mother And it is also known that the adopted kid will not get any share from the things left by the brother. As brother was working in a company where every year one document is to be signed describing the persons who will be considered heirs to distribute the provident fund incase of employ’s death. This document was signed after the death of his first wife and before the birth of the Son from the 2nd wife. He mentioned in the document that my provident fund is distributed to my wife and the adopted kid with out describing the proportion. Question: Can we consider this document as will (wasiah) and if this is wasiah, would the adopted kid have a portion and if yes. What should be this portion? Will this…
- hijab from adopted daughter
- Asalamalikum. One of my muslim brother’s sister-in-law has adopted a male child. The child is illegitimate. The Hindu mother gave birth to the child and left it in hospital. Through hospital child has been adopted and background of the child had been revealed by the hospital before the adoption took place. No one knows about child’s father. My friend has a strong objection to this saying adopting illegitimate child is a great sin. Hence he avoid visting his father-in-law and mother-in-law who is staying with their daughter who adopted the child. He also restricts his wife from visting her parents. Kindly give the reply as per Islam ruling whether such adoption is permitted in Islam and whether my friend’s reaction is correct according to Islam. Insha Allah also include us in your Dua.
- 1. Can a person who owns hotels selling pork and alcohol be a president of Muslim Orgnanization? 2. Can a boy who was adopted as a hindu but nourished and grown up like a muslim be the leader for the muslim organization?
- If a daughter is adopted by a couple as a baby and the child is breast fead by her adopted mother, when the girl matures – does she have to wear Hijab infront of her adopted father or not?
- A person has 2 sons and 1 daughter. The elder son has 2 children and daughter is married. The younger son has no children. The second son has adopted a female child and raised her. How do these 3 children distribute father’s property? Dose the adopted child get any property? If the adopted child is not entitled for property, what is she eligible for? Dose the wife of childless son get any property?