Pulling the alif in Azaan
Q: How many alif should a person pull in the word of Allah in Allahu Akbar in azaan?
A: Our ulama have allowed the alif to be stretched more than the normal duration at the time of azaan.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Asslamalaikum Here in ABUDHABI new system for Azan is implemented. To do Azaan in the centre and transfer it to hundreds of masjid .i.e no need to do azaan in other masjids. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG
- Can you please validate this hadith and let me know your thoughts on this hadith.Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Abbaas narrates, Abu Yasir Bin Akhtab, his brother Hayy Bin Akhtab and Ka’b Bin Asharaf asked Rasoolullah Salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa Sallam”to swear and tell us if the Alif Laam Meem has been revealed on you as is”? Our beloved Nabi Salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa Sallam replied “yes”. Hayy then said “if you are truthful then your Ummah will remain for a few years, so how can we accept this religion.” They pointed out that according to the knowledge of numerical value it is obvious from the letters of Alif Laam Meem that this nation will be obliterated within 71 years. Hayy asked, “is there any other word like this.”The Beloved replied “yes, there is Alif Laam Meem Saad.” Hayy said. “this value is 161 which is more than previous”. Then he asked, “is there any more?” the Beloved replied “yes there is Alif Laam Raa.” Hayy said “this is even more than first and the second, and we bear witness that your Ummah will only be dominant till 231 years.” Then he said “is there anything else besides these?” The beloved Rasoolreplied “yes Alif Laam Meem Raa is also revealed on me.” Hayy said, “we won’t believe in you because we are not sure as to which one of your words we should believe.” Then Abu Yasir spoke, “we bear evidence that our Prophets have informed us that this Ummah will rule but they did not tell us for…
- What is the correct sunnah when the child is born? Should the azaan and iqaamah both be given in the right and left ears respectively or only the azaan should be given because the hadith of Hasan bin Ali and Ibn Abbas (RA) is weak and the hadith of Abu Raafi’ is authentic? Why is the azaan and iqaamah both encouraged when the ahaadeeth are weak rather, only the azaan should be encouraged because of the authenticity of the hadith. Please clarify.
- Why is “أنا” (Ana) spelled with an “Alif” at the End?
- At our Musalla, a brother had made the azaan before the time for Maghrib had set in. Will this Azaan
- Small alif symbol (khara zabar) and alif