1. I am soon going to move into my new home. I want to invite my friends and our local Musjid musallees to come to my new home to recite Qur’an and thereafter I will feed them. Is it permissible for me to do so?2. When one moves into one’s new home, what A’maal should one carry out in order to bring blessings in the home?
1. I am soon going to move into my new home. I want to invite my friends and our local Musjid musallees to come to my new home to recite Qur’an and thereafter I will feed them. Is it permissible for me to do so?
2. When one moves into one’s new home, what A’maal should one carry out in order to bring blessings in the home?
1. At the occasion one moves into one’s home, it is not an established practice in Deen for one to invite people to his home in order to recite the Qur’an and thereafter feed them.
2. Recite Surah Baqarah when you move into the home and ensure that all the A’amaal of the home are in accordance to the Sunnah. Generally when people move into a new home the greater concern is about the things in the home and making the home comfortable. However just as these things are important to some extent, the greater focus should be to make that home a home of barakah, blessings and a home that attracts the mercy of Allah Ta’ala. This will be obtained when one refrains from sin and the activities of the home are in accordance to the sunnah of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). On the other hand when activities of the home are not in conformity to the Sunnah, Salaah is not performed and nor is the Qur’an recited in the home, then evil influences, jinnaat, etc. enter the home.
Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (Radhiyallaho anho) says: “In the house where the Qur’an is read, the household members increase, virtues and blessings multiply, angels descend upon them and Satan leaves the house. Whereas the house in which Qur’an is not recited, life therein becomes straitened and devoid of blessings, angels leave the house and Satan ravages it.”
Hadhrat Ibn Mas’ood (Radhiyallaho anho) and has reported that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said: “A deserted house is one in which the Holy Qur’an is not recited.”
Ensure that Salaah is performed on time. The entire family should allocate some time daily to make ta’leem of the fazaail kitaabs (Fazaail A’amaal and Fazaail-e-Sadaqaat).
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عن عائشة رضي الله عنها ، قالت : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : من أحدث في أمرنا هذا ما ليس منه فهو رد (مشكاة # 140)
واتخاذ الدعوة لقراءة القرآن وجمع الصلحاء والقراء للختم أو لقراءة سورة الأنعام أو الإخلاص والحاصل أن اتخاذ الطعام عند قراءة القرآن لأجل الأكل يكره (رد المحتار 2/ 240)
Checked & Approved: