Observing purdah from na mahrams
1. My mahram doesn’t wear a hijaab and when she comes to stay at our home, my male relative (she is also his mahram) brings her to and fro from her house to our house and back in his car. She has been advised to wear the hijaab, but she is a jaahil who does not practise Islaam, but a little. Is it haraam for my male relative to pick her up without hijaab and to drop her off home without hijaab? My gut feeling is it is, but I would like a ruling. Does he share in her sin?
2. My mahram relatives would like me to visit more, but the problem is, in their house are women non-Mahram to me, who don’t strictly follow Islaam, they free mix and don’t observe purdah from me and I worry they would try to greet me physically, hug, kiss etc. So if I have fear and feel that I am weak and not confident that I can avoid this haraam then I should not attend, correct?
3. Does this count as ‘severing relations’? Of course, if my mahrams comes here, I am not rude to them etc. We’re fine. Is there anything such as ‘severing relations’ when it comes to non-mahrams like cousins etc?
1. Insist on her that she must put on the hijaab. If you insist, insha-Allah she will listen. She does not understand that this is an obligation.
2. If you are afraid then don’t attend.
3. No. You may phone them and tell them the reasons for your absence.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.