Paying off debts before going for Hajj

Q: I have a car loan with 0% interest and 20% paid as down payment. The rest 80% value of the car shall be paid within two years as installment. Otherwise the car will be taken by the Bank. So I need to know whether I can go for Hajj this year without closing this loan by handing over the responsibility to my brother and leaving the car with him to return to the bank in case I am not able to repay due to death.


A: We advise that you first pay off your debt and thereafter go for Hajj.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)