Family problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My question is about my father. He is totally on a wrong path. I mean few years back he was a very nice man. He had a fear of Allah and Masha Allah he saw the prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) two times in his dream (ziyarat). He always used to pray juma prayer, and tazbihaat, and Quran. But now since the last two years he doesn’t even go for Eid prayer. All the time he is busy in watching television and his language has become extremely abusive. No roza, no namaaz, nothing. He knows everything but does not want to do anything. Now when my mom or me are praying in front of him, he doesn’t even decrease the volume of the TV. He is totally lost and he doesn’t love my mother at all. Please tell me some dua by which he can become a namazi and a loving and caring husband. Actually he had an affair with one of my aunts. A very close relative of mine, my Mumani that is my mothers real brothers wife and my mom came to know about the affair after 14 years. Then when she came to know about the affair, my father apologised to my mom and broke whatever relation he had with that woman. But now he has left that, but when he is at home he doesn’t care about anyone. It looks as if he is always in tension. Lost in his own world watchng TV with very high volume, or using a laptop for long hours. He doesn’t talk much to his children or wife. My parents are married for 30 years. Please give some solutions. Me and mother are extremely worried about him.



1. Recite some portion of the Qur’aan.

2. Conduct ta`leem of Fazaa’il-e-Sadaqaat, Fazaa’il-e-A’maal and Bahishti Zewar for approximately 15 minutes in the mornings and evenings.

3. Do zikr of the kalimah, Durood Shareef and istighfaar.

4. Make du`aa at the end of each session, begging Allah Ta`ala for His special help, mercy and forgiveness for oneself and the rest of the ummah.

Make du`aa for him and don’t provoke him.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest