Husband and wife working
Q: Is it a good idea that the husband and wife work together at the same workplace for the same company?
A: Refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/3414
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Wife working, husband staying at home
- If a wife has gold jewelery, who is liable to pay zakat on it, husband or wife. The wife owns that gold but she is not working.
- What rights a husband has or his wife’s income (Both husband and wife are working)
- Q: I require advise on the following:- I am married, living and working in town A, my mother -in- law is living in town B. My father-in-law recently passed away and prior to his demise, my husband had moved in with his parents in town B, to look after his father. My husband has continued living with my mother-in-law, for the duration of her idaat, he has thus been away from home for almost a year. I cannot move to town B where my mother-in-law is, as I am working and would take me at least two hours to commute to work. I cannot give up my job as I have dependants’ to support. My mother-in-law refuses to move to my town (A), my husband thus has to stay with her. The situation is becoming untenable. My husband keeps on insisting that his first priority is his mother, I understand that, but would that entail excluding the rights of a wife? Under the aforesaid circumstances what rights do I have?
- Respected Mufti What did you say for the following query ? 1. Wife can observe Sunnah/ Mustahab / Nafl(Except Ramadan Fard Fasting) fasting without husband knowledge if the Husband is working in Abroad. 2. Wife can go along with her parents anywhere (near to her home / far from home) for her relative?s death or any function without husband knowledge if the husband is working in Abroad Expecting your prompt reply.
- Wife leaves her husband a number of times,sometime without asking,has even went on Hajj with her brother she simply informed her husband and did not ask for any permission husband did not objected or rather remained silent for it was a matter of Hajj ,then there is the issue of three daughters involved. so its prudent not to separate , beside there are no other issues . Husband and wife and have now chosen not to interfere in each others work , both now earn separately and do not share with each other , is the husband still obliged for the upkeep [ nan-nafqa ] of her wife.? Q2- Is it true Imam Ghazali has said, in a similar situation [ wife leaving husband without asking permission ] husband is released from the burden of nan-nafqa?