Cursing one’s children

Q: I have a son who is married. He and his wife both live with us for the last 6 years since marriage. Mashallah they have three beautiful children aged 4, 3 and 1. My son is always arguing and shouting at his mum but she is forgiving. The daughter in-law when asked to discuss issues always starts shouting at both of us saying we gang up on her. I have told them any person that shouts parents and does not listen to them and is not considerate with their parents the doors of hell are open. Am I right?

A: Although the son is acting insolently and he may deserve your curses, but we advise you to make du`aa for him and find a good opportunity to make him understand rather than making him a victim of curse.