Consulting one’s elders with regards to nikaah

Q: I am in love with a girl who is my aunts daughters. I want to legalise this relationship by performing nikaah with her but my parents are against it due to internal disputes with my aunt. Will it be right if I go against them as I see no chances of they getting convinced and if I want to convince them suggest me ways of convincing them. I feel very depressed and confused.


A: In these matters you must consult your elders. Don’t do things independently of your elders. Falling in love without marriage itself is haraam and a major disaster. Make taubah for this.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)