Renting a house
Q: We have seen a house, which we like to rent, but we found out that the last people who rented this house were prostitutes! Is it alright to move there and read prayers in there?
A: It is permissible. Refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/2508
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- We both work and try to save money. I want to buy a house instead of renting. Am I wrong to ask my wife to invest it in a property? Am I wrong to ask for her help.
- I have built a house which cost me around 46 lakhs with the land for building the house. And I built it for renting purpose and I am getting rent 19,000 rupees every month but I have loan from the bank around 12 lakhs and the interest I have to pay to bank is 10000 rupees every month. So, is there any zakah applicable for me in Shariah? Please advise me what to do?
- I saw a house in my dream, the house was new and I was alone in it. Roaming around or playing I guess. There was a garden outside and it was raining pleasantly outside the house. I was protecting a wooden door from rain water, I don’t know whose house it was but it was big and beautiful well furnished. I saw a Quran folded in red golden cloth on the table and I was holding house key in my hand.
- We live in Canada, BC with family. We rent a 2 bedroom apartment. My daughter (15 years) and my son (13 years) share 1 bedroom while we live in other bedroom with little son. We do have following problem (1) I do not feel comfortable that my daughter and son share same bedroom. (2) My landlord asks every time to move out. (3) Renting 3 bedrooms is very costly. I was planning to buy house for last 6 years, I do not have enough cash. I know interest is haram. I have searched Islamic financing but there is no Islamic bank in our area. I checked option for buying bank owned house (foreclosure). But the system is that, bank will sale house and give me only loan, which I need to return with interest (as per same condition as someone take mortgage from bank). So, could you please guide me that can I take mortgage from bank which will include interest. Thank you very much for your valuable time.
- I have bought a land in the year 2001 for investment purpose. My intention was to sell it and utilize its money for the purpose of building our house whenever we plan to have one since we don?t have our own house yet and are still renting it from outside. Later on, I bought a land and am now building my house on it without selling out the previous land. Now, I have changed my plan to sell that plot and have decided to keep it until, either I decide to sell it or do some sort of business on it. I want to know, (1) Do I have to pay zakat on this land that I bought with the intention to sell and have not sold yet. (2) If so, since when? (3) At what rate per square unit? Kindly advise.
- Is the deposit one pays when renting out a house liable for zakat? In the UK landlords are known for stealing deposits, so it is highly likely that it may never return into one’s possession.