Reconciling after talaaq

Q: I would like to ask if you have given one talaaq via sms and the iddath period has passed, what must the couple do if they want to live as husband and wife again?


A: A new nikaah will have to be performed with a separate mahr.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)