Leaving the marriage due to the Husband being an alcoholic
Q: My sister recently married a man whom she did not know was a alcoholic and one drugs. She did not fully consummate the marriage as she found out when she kissed him. Does she require talaaq to leave the marriage because she lived with him for a week and in a separate room and he promised to change?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalamualaikum, We are in the business of supplying industrial chemicals to different Industries. One of the products is Citric Acid. Citric Acid is used as an acidity improver in beverages. In both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Question 1) Is it allowed to sell Citric Acid? 2) Is it allowed to sell Citric Acid to a buyer who uses it for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks? 3) Is it allowed to sell to a buyer who uses it for alocoholic drinks only?
- Q: I have a marriage problem. My husband don’t want to sleep with me. We always have a big fight in the house. I checked with people and they say that our marriage has witchcraft. This is my second marriage and our marriage was going well till recently. Even with my job as soon as I got the job it finished by itself in a couple of months.
- Q: Theres a couple that has been divorced about 6 months ago. Husband gave wife 3 talaaqs at once in anger. He also gave her prior to that 2 talaaqs. Moulanas of this town have told her that once 3 is given marriage is over completely. My question is if she gets married to someone else and divorces that person just to get back to the 1st husband is it valid? (To my knowledge I know its not allowed because you have to really be in that marriage and only once that husband really has problems then only can he divorce her). Is this correct? Also is there any other way besides this of the husband and wife getting back to each other?
- Since my marriage we always had arguments and i feel my wife is mentally immatured and she dont know how to maintian her married life. so iam scared of giving her divorce and also bcoz iam abroad lonliness killing me here so i want to go for second marriage without leaving the first wife. i dont have love or hate towards my wife but when i think if divorce with my wife i get tears in my eyes. in my arguments i used to threaten her that i will do second marriage. and she also gave me permission to me for second marriage. iam i right to go for second marriage. instead of going in depression given by my first wife
- This is to inquire whether a non-alcoholic drink is lawful, while the bottle, the color of the drink and the taste is similar but rather the same to an Alcoholic drink. But it is 0.0 per cent Alcohol. If it is served in a party just as Alcoholic drinks are served and people drink it as it is an Alcoholic drink, so this kind of act is allowed in Islam. The doer, drinker and the one who serves will be considered as sinner?
- Wife leaves her husband a number of times,sometime without asking,has even went on Hajj with her brother she simply informed her husband and did not ask for any permission husband did not objected or rather remained silent for it was a matter of Hajj ,then there is the issue of three daughters involved. so its prudent not to separate , beside there are no other issues . Husband and wife and have now chosen not to interfere in each others work , both now earn separately and do not share with each other , is the husband still obliged for the upkeep [ nan-nafqa ] of her wife.? Q2- Is it true Imam Ghazali has said, in a similar situation [ wife leaving husband without asking permission ] husband is released from the burden of nan-nafqa?