Chewing gum

Q: Is chewing gum halaal or haraam? I have come to know that chewing gum is made up of pig fat. So I want to know from you that what is the Islamic ruling on this?

A: The principle of Shari’ah is that if the ingredients contained in any food product is from impure or impermissible substance, then consuming such a food product will be impermissible. We are not a Halaal certifying body and do not supervise products of any company or outlet, hence we are not in a position to issue a specific ruling regarding any product. You may refer to any halaal certifying body.