Can a woman issue a divorce
Q: Can a woman give a talaaq?
A: The wife does not have the right to divorce. To issue a divorce is the right of the husband.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- (1) Is it right for parents to pressurize their child to marry someone despite his strong resistance? (2) Is their demand for divorcing second wife is correct while I do not want to divorce her? Please note that I can afford financially to keep both wives. (3) My father consulted some Mufti Sahab and he told my father not to pressurize me for divorce. But my father still says that he is unhappy with me on this issue and will continue to be unhappy. Actually he is under pressure of family/biradri. How to respond his unhappiness in this case? (4) If I obey my father and divorce my second wife, what is her fault as she is married with the consent of her parents? (5) I am financially supporting my family. Since my second marriage, my parents are not accepting monthly expense from me and not drawing money from the account as a protest. But I am depositing amount monthly as per previous practice. I know that they are facing financial problems by not using that money. How to resolve this issue?
- Can a woman issue a divorce?
- The issue is about my cousin;s parents, five years have passed since his father used clear words to divorce his mother in totaly drunk state. The reason was nothing behind the divorce, even his dad fought with him too. But on the same day when he was totaly in senses he apologised for all that he had done to them. But his mother considers that the divorce has taken place and they cannot get unite again.. His Father is still struggling to reunite themselves.
- I want to ask you about very important Issue that relate to Separation after marriage. Scenario: This Issue relates to one of my relative (a woman). She Married 3.5 years ago but unfortunately, after 2nd month of her marriage, her husband cheat her and left her without giving her talaq. After one year she became a mother of a beautiful Daughter. She took her baby to him and showed him his Daughter, 1st he denied to accept that she is his daughter but after some emotional arguments between them he accepted and believed her that he will give their rights, but he didn?t do so. He escaped again and never came back. Now, her Daughter is 2.5 year Old but there is no sign of him. She don?t know, whether he is alive or dead. My Questions are: ? Is the Nikha is still valid. ? If that Woman wants to do another Marriage, how could she do as she doesn?t even know her husband address or anything about him? ? How the separation/talaq/divorce can take place? ? How would she start a new marriage life? Kindly help her by giving her a proper advice. I?ll be very thankful to you.
- Please tell me about ownership of the jewellery given to the woman at the time of marriage by the family of the bridegroom? (1) Who will be the owner of the jewellery in case divorce takes place, the x-husband or the divorced woman? The jewelry was given by the father of the x-husband at the time of marriage. (2) There is also one more problem. Before the divorce, the woman’s jewellery was taken and sold by the eldest brother of the x-husband for starting business. At that time, it was promised by that brother that he would buy that jewellery for her when he would start business. Now he is very rich. My question is that if the owner of the jewellery is the divorced woman, then who will return that jewellery, x-husband or that brother who borrowed the jewellery? (3) 4 years have passed but they have not given any thing to the divorced woman. My question is how to get the jewellery from them if the woman is the owner. Please note that there is no written nikahnama or written divorce paper.
- Could you please tell me if husband got married to another woman, first wife will qualified to divorce. Wat are the womens rights for divorce.IF the man doesnt want to divorce