Girl staying at her parents home on the first night
Q: Inshallah my nikaah will be done soon. My future wife said that it is sunnah for the girl to stay at her parents house on the first night after nikaah without her husband. Is this true?
A: According to our knowledge this was not the general practice of the Sahaaba during the Mubaarak era of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Elder son expired leaving behind widow and two children. Mother-in-law stays with elder daughter-in-law. Younger son stays with wife and two kids, working in a company from 8:00 to 8:00. Father-in-law insists staying with younger son. Since kids are also off to school, so father-in-law and younger daughter-in-law are alone in the house whole day. Younger son insisted his father to be with the elder son’s family as they need him but father refuses. Younger son requested his father at least during the day he should stay with the elder son’s family and during night he could come and stay but father refuses and instead stays at home only and does not go out even for some time. Since, mother and father stay away, they have become somewhat indifferent to each other. Objective of younger son is to make parents stay together as father often complains of loneliness while staying at younger son’s house, as younger daughter-in-law does not speak much with father-in-law. If younger son forces his father, is it ok?
- I did ISTEKHARA for 3 consecutive nights and saw dreams. 1st Night I saw that there are a lot of dogs and ducks trying to bite that girl, I saved her from them using my feet. 2nd Night I saw nothing noticeable. 3rd Night I saw my mother with me going towards a place but there was a dog that stopped us. Therefore we changed our route but for the same destination aimed earlier. Later I saw that girl with me and also a kid who in our thinking is ours after our marriage. In the market there I saved her again from a male who was trying to misbehave with her. 1. What should I follow, Istekhara or my parents? 4. Can I marry of my own choice? If I do Nikah myself (without my parents), will it be a sin?
- I Want to Study Islam Abroad But Parents Insist on Me Staying at Home
- Shortly after my marriage, my mom started misunderstanding my wife over silly issues. My wife tried to meet my mom’s expectations, but could not. We’ve been trying to remove the misunderstandings but couldn’t be successful so far. My mom’s also quite short-tempered. My wife’s fed up of my mom’s behavior & she doesn’t like to tolerate my mom now even for silly issues. We were all living together in India until I got a job in Gulf sometime back. Since then, I’m staying here with my wife & kid, & my parents are staying in India. As I don’t have siblings, my parents are staying alone. My parents are aged but are able to help themselves. I’m quite concerned of their loneliness and I wish to stay with them with the intention of serving them. But, my wife doesn’t wish to stay with my parents because of our family issues. However, my parents are ready to stay with us anywhere. Pls advise as what I should do in this situation to look after my parents and my wife simultaneously.
- I am in extreme difficulty kindly help me. We are 2 brothers and 1 sister. On our father’s plot I, the younger son, built a building with completely my own halal hard-earned money. I also took a home loan and alone paid the complete installments for 3 years. When the house was ready, my elder brother did not want me to stay in this house and wanted to conquer complete house, hence when I came home with my wife to stay from day one, my elder brother and his wife has been fighting and torturing me and my wife extremely. He beats parents, uses very dirty language for me and my wife. I requested my parents to sell the house and give me back the amount I invested so that I can take parents and stay in other house, but my parents are scared of him hence do nothing. When I and my wife could not tolerate his oppression, we left the house and staying in a small rented house. I am having lots of stress and tension. I request you, please guide me in this regard.
- Q: A friend of mines had a question about marrying a person who is a shia and willing to follow and raise the children as Sunni:My question is that I want to marry this girl but she is Shia, if the girl is willing to marry me, raise our family and follow the Sunni way as my parents want is it gunaah or forbidden to marry a Shia if they do not convert? Her parents would accept me as a Sunni they just would not want her to convert but she will follow the Sunni way and also raise our chidlren sunni. Please keep in mind we have not talked to our parents about this situation yet and please give me some guidance as I do not want to go against anyone’s parents. The only thing we have done so far is complete the isthikara which came out good alhumdulillah.I did Istikhara for 7 days:Istikhara: first night dream: He saw in his dream he was taking a picture of the girl and his family together like a group photo.On the fifth night he did istikhara he had a dream where he saw lots of trees and her in a white shalwr kameez coming to his house accompanied by her little brother.1. Is it gunna or forbidden to marry a Shia if they do not convert?2. Is their a conversion process from Shia to Sunni? What does a Shia person have to do to become Sunni?