Going to Madina University to study
Q: What is your opinion on Madina university? Is it salafi ? I really want to go there in the future.
A: We do not know much about it. But where there is a doubt we advise you to abstain.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalamu Alaykum, I am looking to attend university in September and was recently told by someone that taking out a tuition fee loan is Haraam. I looked into this on their website and found that after the first year of study the Student Loans company add interest as well as inflation. With the recent increase in university fees to £9000 per year, I would find it difficult to pay this off without actually taking out the loan. I have also looked into working part time while at university but this still wouldn’t cover it. I have asked several people who have already been through the system about what they have done and all of them have said that they have taken the loan out. I would appreciate if you clear this matter up for me. Shukran Jazakallah
- I am 24 years old and I am from Istanbul, Turkey. I am currently in Turkey. I was a university student at USA that my father had sent me with his financial support. In my university time, I became more religious, started namaz, grew my beard, met tablighi brothers and etc. I do not want to finish university, as my father will only send me back if I cut/ trim my beard. My 2nd alternative was I can finish my university in Turkey instead, where I can grow my beard, but it will take extra 2 more years and in USA I only had 4 months left to graduate. The only thing that I really want to become is an Alim and I am currently in Turkey. I want to serve Islam through learning and preaching etc. I want to go to Darul Uloom in India or Pakistan or the most suitable one. But my father does not want me to go to a madrasa anywhere. He wants me to finish my university. Is it permissible for me to study madrasa in India, Pakistan or Turkey?
- I am a university lecturer. I have applied to my university for study leave with pay. The university requires a bond that the person availing study leave will serve for the duration equal to the duration of study leave otherwise he/she will pay two times(double) of the salary that he will get during the period of study leave. This “two times condition” looks me as if involving Riba(sood). Please clear whether this is Riba. Can I sign this bond agreement with the university? If not then guide me what to do. Please reply me as early as possible because in three days I am to sign this bond.
- advise me to study at a university or at a Darul Uloom for girls or what other institute is there? the Rand Afrikaans University and UNISA offer islamic Studies
- Assalamualekum. I am going to start teaching in a university. As there is co-education in university (boys and girls study together). Now I want to ask what SHARIAH says about the teacher how teach them? Definitely, girls donot wear veil. Also another thing, sometimes it happens that some classes( at that time only one class) have not girl but if I will only conform to such classes then i will not be able to get the money which is my need of one month.
- Is it permissible to study in an unislamic university?