I just wanted to know if it is right for my wife’s mother to come fetch my wife against my will when we have an arguement then her mom tells her we must leave each other?
Q: I just wanted to know if it is right for my wife’s mother to come fetch my wife against my will when we have an arguement then her mom tells her we must leave each other?
A: This is ignorance. She does not have an understanding of deen. Hence, just ignore them.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- I Shaikh Rashid Ali working in Govt. PSU company, got married 10 years back. My parents liked my wife (arrange marriage). I had done my best to all (my parents, brothers, sisters, my wife, and two sons) as per my ability and respect, but from the beginning of my marriage some quarrel arise between my mother and my wife but from good teaching from my parents I neglected these and believed Allah (SWT) will keep all right. But now my wife is not willing to live with my mother and so me, I had decided that I will not leave my parents today or in future. I do not want to lose my jannah by loosing or hurting my parents. Please show the right path.
- I have a question regarding the validity of divorce if forced. I was forced to sign the decree of divorce by my mother after serious differences developed between my family and my wife’s family over whether my wife, who is a doctor, should work or not. I and my mother (I am the only son and father has passed) were completely against my wife working after the birth of my daughter. My wife’s family on the other hand were adamant that she will work no matter what. So one day when I refused to allow my wife to give a job interview, her mother came over and after a very hot exchange of words and abuses, she took away my wife with her, although I tried very hard and also requested my wife not to leave as I feared the breakup of our marriage. She had already spent about five months at her parent’s house before my daughter’s birth due to differences on permission to work and having a separate house. She came back to my house after our child’s birth. After my wife left again, my mother pressurised me to divorce her but I kept avoiding it expecting my wife and her parents to relent on their demand. After about three months, seeing no compromise from my wife I sent her a text message that if she didnot come back within a week on the condition that she will not work, she will be divorced once. My wife agreed to come. But before she could come, my mother forced me to sign the divorce papers threatening that if I didnot do so, she would kill herself. She had attempted suicide before by taking sleeping pills on another dispute and I knew she could it…
- Asaalam Mufti Sab I married aug 2008 I have a daughter of 8 months i have problems with both my wife and mother and was unable to balance both the realtion one side my mother in law is always disturbing our relation and another side i am unable for mannage my mother also as even she wants me to leave her , 2 months back i send my wife to there parents house and called there uncles that i have decided to leave her and i told as per islam i married and as per islam i will leave , they are treathening and harrasing me and also called that even my wife does not want to continue with me , I want to know whether if my mother forces me to give talaq and if i give is there is gunnah for me (as my mother has got some of my personal details which my wife has told me ) and my mother also tells if u want to leave with me u should leave ur wife , the other side i am not getting support from my wife, my inlaws and my parents i want to reconcile i want my parents, my wife and daughter also please suggest me as per islam and sunnat
- I am married from last 2 years now and have no baby yet, willingly. The day we have got married my mother has got some or the other problem. We live in a two bedroom apt. I know my mother and wife’s nature, both of them love each other but my mother does not know what to say and when to say. All family members including my wife have tried to make her understand that such things do not leave good impression so should not be doing this but she does not understands this and keep on repeating the same things (e.g., taunt etc). I know place given to mother in Islam that is why most of the time I keep my calm and make my wife understand the situation. Ammi has been hurting my wife for last 2 years knowingly or unknowingly but now the situation is that my wife just cries and getting so week which is not digestible for me and I do not know what to do. Please do not advise to make ammi understand because we have done in all possible ways without success. Please pray for us, if possible tell me something to recite.
- I said once to my wife (when we were married newly) that you are like my mother, just as I got 2nd mother. I told so to her by my intention as she loves me and helps me as my mother. It was not my intention that she is having my mother’s place. My intention was mother is mother and wife is wife. I told her that she is like my mother because I want to say her that she is loving and helping me as mother. (Now we are having 3 children). Is this a sub? Should I need to give kaffarah? Please guide me.
- I want to find out, a friend of mine wants to take a second wife. He has kids from his 1st wife. He doesn’t love her and they hardly communicate. He is staying with her because of the children. Reason for wanting a second wife is because he wanted the happiness and all of the duties a wife should see to. Should he leave the 1st wife?