Parents misusing one’s wealth
Q: In Islam, can my wealth be cut off or blessings be removed by Allah if my parents utilize my money in Bidah way or to any person in Shirk or wrong way?
A: They are sinful for misusing the wealth. If you had willingly allowed them to use your money for wrong reasons then you will also be party to the sin.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- A man died leaving behind wife , 2 brother 6 sisters, no child, no parents, How his wealth will be distributed. Please reply jazak Allah.
- How does one distribute the father’s wealth, who leaves behind only a wife, four sons and a daughter. His parents are deceased.
- What should a child do if parents are earning unlawful wealth
- I used to be a non-Muslim and alhamdulillah accepted Islam. I was born an orphan and my [h: adopted] parents adopted me while I was a child. If I die, what is the ruling of my parents inheriting from my wealth, keeping in mind that, unlike myself, they have not accepted Islam. What happens if I die and I dont have any spouse or child? Who is the rightful heir of my wealth?
- As I understand from the other queries that zakah cannot be given to parents, grand-parents and others as mentioned. My question is that my sister who is married is not doing financially good, rather she, her husband and children are currently staying with us. I pay zakah on behalf of my parent’s wealth. Can I pay that zakah to my sister’s husband considering that money is given by me from my earning but the zakah is of my father/mother account? Can I pay zakah (liable on my wealth) to my sister?
- Please answer the following questions in the light of the holy Quran and Hadith. (1) A couple is residing in a foreign country for the past 10 years without any problems. Recently in-laws (husband’s parents) went on visitor’s visa and stayed for 3 months there. Father and mother of the husband started dominating the daughter-in-law by taking control of the kitchen etc., instigating the son against his wife and always try to dilute and degrade the wife proving that she is fit for nothing. But in reality it is other way round. Most of the times, the husband has supported his wife and this irritates the in-laws very much. Indirectly they used to pass degrading comments in the absence of their son. In short, they want to take overall control of the house/wealth and everything and expect the wife to be a maid though the wife is highly qualified and a house-wife looking after her small son. Now they are in India but again trying hard to visit that country again and may cause these problems. In fact they are trying to stay permanently in that place. Please let me know what are the directions of Allah and His beloved Prophet (May peace and Allah’s blessings be upon him) for such type of in-laws. (2) How much husband’s parents (in-laws) interference is allowed in the relationship of wife and husband in Islam? (3) They prevent their son to sleep with wife and misguide him giving the reason that since he is a surgeon, he needs complete rest and sound sleep. So, wife and son sleep in one room and husband in another. They openly oppose them to sleep together. Even during day…