Exaggerating one’s disabilities to receive more disability grant
Q: If a person has a disability and receives benefits but on the form which was filled out when she was younger her parents exaggerated about the care needs of the person does that money become haraam?
A: It is not the right thing to do. However, the money is not haraam.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalaamu Alaikum I hope this email reaches you whilst you are in the best of Imaan and health. We run a small charity in the UK. I would like to know a few things regarding interest money. 1. We have a business account in the name of the charity which we use for incoming donations. I would like to know whether it is permissible to open a savings account with the sole intention of generating more interest money. 2. As we have a business account, the bank charges the charity for its services. I would like to know whether it is permissible for us to use interest money which we receive from the bank or interest money which we receive in donations to pay off these bank charges. 3. Is it permissible to use donation interest money to pay off the following, Charity car/van insurance, Business insurance, PAYE Employers tax, Please kindly respond and provide me with the answers to the following questions. May Allah accept your efforts and grant you the best of rewards for your work in this world and in the hereafter. JazakAllah Assalaamu Alaikum
- Is it permissible for one to get a lawyer after he is injured in an accident, and then go to court, and get a dollar value that is beyond the damage done to him/her. (ie. he gets more than what he was entitled to..so if his car got damaged, and then his insurance premiums went up, i believe he is only entitiled to about $5-10000 maximum, however he receives more than that amount) Would this money be haraam? I am worried about this issue as my father had this type of case, but he did not know that this might not be permissible, and he got more money from the motor vehicle case than what he was entitled to. If it is haraam, what am I supposed to do? My dad buys mostly everything in the house, so am I supposed to stop eating these things because it is of haraam income. Also, Am I supposed to get a job to pay back for all this time that I have been eating from this money. Also, I recently found some envelope which read “disability papers” I was unaware that it was not permissible for my dad to go on disability without a legitimate disability. So, am I supposed to put my own money into my dad’s account to pay up for all this time I have been eating form the disability and lawyer’s case money? This issue is really serious to me, so please try to reply as soon as possible.
- Help with research about disabilities
- Will those non-Muslims who have disabilities of understanding anything about religion or whatsoever go to the Jahannam? There are people who have many disabilities, some of which prevent them from understanding things such as unable to talk, see, hear, etc.
- What is the permissibility of the following policies: 1) Death Benefit 2) Trauma Benefit 3) Disability Benefit 4) Occupational Disability Income?
- Saved up disability grant