Making dua at one’s father’s grave
Q: If a son visits his deceased father’s grave and makes a dua for himself there, is that permissible?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- bfore 10 years my father demised and I builded a small grave and kept name plate on my fathers grave. should i demolish the grave?
- i want to know who are the awliya and brelivis believe that they are alive in the grave? 1. can u give me proofs from quran and hadith that they arn’t alive in the grave. 2. also are only nabis alive in their grave? wht abt the truthfuls (siddiqu) and martys (shuhada) ?
- My son (our only child) was 4 months old when he died and whenever I visit his grave I kiss his grave with love. And I usually kiss on the name of my child written on the grave. Is it ok for me to kiss the grave of my son? And can my son feel my presence in the grave whenever I visit his grave? And now we have no children from at least 1 year so please tell any Quranic Ayah or dua so that Allah gives us the gift of children.
- Assalam o Alaikum Warahmatullahe Wabarakatuhu Mofti sahb, I am in circumstances where I have to take some very important decision. The situation is that I am living in Dubai, UAE with my family. I got married in 2007 and Allah Blessed me with a daughter this year. My wife, daughter and mother all live with me here in Dubai. My father was died long back and I am taking care of my mother. As you know, due to increasing inflation it is very difficult to save some money. I could not save any single dirham for last two years since when I came here in dubai.and also sometime a satuation come that it becomes very difficylt to pass the month in my earning So I am thinking whether to keep my family here with me and keep living without saving any money and just trust on Allah that situation will get better or if I send my family back home (Pakistan), I can save reasonable amount every month. So before making the final decision, I decided to do ”Istikhara” as sunnah. Yesterday night, I abolute and offered two nawaffil and then recite dua for correct guidance from Allah SWT and then slept without talking to anybody. I saw a dream that I want you to give me ”tabeer” for. I saw that I am standing by a closed grave which is made of white marble (and I felt in dream that this is my own grave). I am dusting the grave and I am saying to my wife with so much grief that how would you live without me (meaning that when I will go into the grave). That”s it. I don”t know whether this dream is meaningful or not. Or it has any connection with…
- Is it permissible for a woman to visit the grave of her father or a pious person if she observes proper Islamic decorum?
- Dear Respected Mufti Saheb, My friend’s father died a while ago, and she talks about him sometime. Does talking about him cause him punishment in the grave?